Frequently Asked Questions

What to do if an unreasonable person comes to your house and behaves in a disorderly manner? Top

Avoid him as far as possible and get the service of a Police officer (by dialing 15). If you feel threatened by his/her actions, you can act for your private defense against him.

What to do if your neighbor is encroaching your land and putting up a wall or fence? Top

Discuss the matter with him and settle the matter amicably. If no satisfactory response is received from him then consult a police officer or a lawyer and take legal action against him. If this is an unauthorized construction, you may inform the relevant Local Government Authority

How to act in case of receiving a fraudulent cheque? Top

Try to settle the matter before making a complaint. Tender the cheque to the bank and ascertain whether it is a dishonored cheque. If the amount in the cheque is less than Rs.100,000 inform the local Police station. Police can investigate the matter according to the fraudulent act, but Police shall not be responsible for recovering any financial loss.

How to react in case you are harassed by unwanted telephone calls? Top
Register your complaint by dialing 1218  and inform the relevant telephone regulatory officer about the unwanted telephonic calls. If identity of the caller is revealed, inform the concerned police station and take the appropriate action against him